Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bringing The Krabby Patties Above The Sea!

“There it is. The finest eating establishment ever established for eating. The Krusty Krab, home of the Krabby Patty – Sponge Bob”

Ok, So not exactly the “original” Krabby patty, but my own version --- YES, using crab! I found a recipe a while ago but you could substitute Canned Tuna, and for the past 3 years, that is what I have used. Hey Hubby loved it, I did too, so it worked. Well since I am striving to do this new venture and find new ways of cooking our favs, I came across this recipe (w/REAL Crab meat) and it was my goal to make my first “Krabby” Patties w/Real Crab Meat!

This had a few different ingredients that I gave a double look, but mmm! It turned out great!!!! Recipe courtesy of Shine! From Yahoo!


Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. sour cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 1/4 tsp. seafood seasoning
1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. fresh lump crabmeat, drained
1 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
2 English muffins
4 thick slices Canadian bacon
4 large eggs
Simple Hollandaise

Directions:

Simple Hollandaise
Place 2 pasteurized egg yolks, 2 Tbsp. water, and 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper in a blender. With motor running, add 10 Tbsp. melted butter in a slow, steady stream. Stir in 1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice and 1/8 tsp. salt.

Preparation
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Fold in crabmeat. Shape crab mixture into 4 (3-inch) patties; chill 1 hour.

Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add crab cakes, and cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden. Cover and keep warm.

Split and toast English muffin halves among 4 serving plates; top each with 1 Canadian bacon slice, 1 crab cake, and 1 egg. Drizzle with Simple Hollandaise; serve immediately.


I hope you enjoy this simple dish as much as we do!

XOOX Lyndie


No comments:

Post a Comment