Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wacko for Chicken Wednesday

I believe Mexican food is something if needed I could eat VERY day! I actually did this past Summer when Mike went to Florida. We have a little taqueria by the house we frequent often, and I love their homemade AUTHENTIC white cheese queso – haah! Well let’s just say, without having to plan meals for the both of us, I cheated and literally ate there EVERY night while he was gone. Sure, I am certain it wasn’t the BEST or healthiest for me, but oh well – some women love chocolate, I love Mexican food!

I had a recipe that I Have used for the past few years and it is quite yummy, but recently a girlfriend of mine made some homemade Sour Cream enchiladas her way, and though it was similar there was an extra step and less ingredients and it was DELICIOUS!!!! It was juicy, cheesy and just all around YUMMO!! I made this last night for hubby and I and wanted to share!!

Sour Cream Enchiladas:

Boneless chicken < --- (I Used about 6 Boneless Chicken Breast)


Block of Monterrey Jack cheese

Large Sour Cream

2 small cans of diced green chilies

Flour Tortillas Flour

Directions:

1) Cook the chicken in water and when done remove chicken and leave enough water for mixture and topping

2) Pour 3 quarters of the sour cream into the water along with one can of green chilies. Cook until sour cream is blended.

3) Shred chicken with fork or fingers and add 3 quarters of the sauce to the chicken and mix (it will be runny – great!!)

4) Pour a little flour into the rest of the sauce just to thicken a little. (high heat for a minute then low heat – stir constantly) turn off.

5) Heat a few tortillas in microwave at a time – roll up chicken mixture into tortillas with some shredded Monterrey jack cheese and place in pan

6) After all your enchiladas are placed in the pan you can top with any remaining chicken mixture – top that off with the thick sauce and top that off with other can of chilies and more cheeeese.

7) Bake in oven until all cheese melts (usually 350 for 20-30 mins)

**** For the sides, I just made canned black beans and Mexican yellow rice – yummy!!!

I have to say, I would not expect anything less to come from my friends kitchen, but this is definitely one of my favorites now!!!

Enjoy and remember one EASY ingredient you can ADD to any meal is a ‘Splash of Love’!

XO Lyndie

No comments:

Post a Comment