Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Few Good Eggs

“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked – Bernard Meltzer”


Love this quote :) which brings me to today’s recipe, the incredible, edible egg – egg salad that is.

I love love love all sorts of sandwiches and recently fell for a deli near the office that Hubby and I found and they make the best egg salad sandwiches. I was recently craving one and because of my whole experiencing new recipes and such, I can across a real easy one, and I must say it turned out really good!

I think the deli has a few more ingredients, but for just a simple copy-cat version, this is perfect!! Courtesy of ALL Recipes, I came across this one:

Ingredients:

6 large eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise (for my mayonnaise, I have used the one with olive oil in it – mmm good)
1 tablespoon mustard
Salt and pepper

Directions:

1) Place eggs in a pot and add enough water to cover eggs by at least one inch.

2) Quickly bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.

3) Remove eggs from hot water and immediately place them in a bowl filled with ice until they're cooled completely.

4) Peel the cooled eggs and dice or mash them.

5) Mix together mayonnaise and mustard; combine with the eggs.

6) Add salt and pepper to taste.

7) Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.


I added a little lettuce to mine and a little extra mayo on the bread, just because I love so much!!

Enjoy!!!

XO Lyndie

No comments:

Post a Comment