Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who You Calling Cabbage Head?

“Cabbage: A vegetable about as large and wise as a man's head-Ambrose Bierce”


Now that Summer time is coming to a close, and we enter Fall, one of my favorite times of Summer are the picnics. Younger when at a picnic, I was all hotdogs and chips – you could not even get me to eat coleslaw…and in all honesty I did not realize till I was older that it consisted of Cabbage, which what little tike likes cabbage?

But as I am older now, my taste buds continue to grow and one of my most favorite staples at a picnic and now from my favorite little café in my building, American Essence, I have grown to love love love me some coleslaw.

I asked today the chef at our little café if the coleslaw he makes is a “secret” recipe or if it was something he was willing to share, and he shared…it was so easy, so of course I had to share!!!


Ingredients:

1 Small head cabbage, shredded
3 medium carrots, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
A scoop of raisins

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrots. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.


As always enjoy!

XO Lyndie

PS – Thank You JESUS for our recent rains!



No comments:

Post a Comment